|colder weather layout! (the shards along the edges of the torn paper behind the photo are Silver Glitter Shard Glass by ReneaBouquets, but I took the photo with no flash so there wouldn’t be glare off the shards or the metallic words at the top!)|
Over at scrapbook.com, Amanda (scrapanda) hosts the Music Inspiration Challenge! For September I was given the song “Colder Weather” by the Zac Brown Band (lyrics link; video link), and this is what I came up with!
Way back when… (bet. 2002-2007) I lived in Michigan. This is a photo looking out our back door towards the dilapidated old barn that was on the property. I love the snow. I miss the snow. I don’t necessarily miss being cold 😄, but I have always found snow to be beautiful.
In addition to the Music Inspiration Challenge, I am also entering this in the October 1st, Stuck?! Sketches Challenge, using the following sketch as inspiration!
As you can see, I rotated the sketch 90°, and instead of rings and splatters, I used snowflakes from two Simon Says Stamps sets, “Frozen Fractals” and “Swell Christmas.”
|October 1st Stuck?! Sketches Challenge.|
- ReneaBouquets Silver (Shard) Glitter Glass – (this is the 1st time I’ve ever used it … had to see how it worked and all! I already have other projects lined up now [in my head] and I know I have found a new product to LOVE!)
- Simon Says Stamp – “Frozen Fractals” and “Swell Christmas” stamp sets
- Shimmerz AcriTonez: “3 Sheets to the Wind”
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide, Stain, & Spray Stain – Wilted Violet; Nib Water Brush; Distress Collage Brush; Advantus Word Keys; Mini Snips.
- Bo Bunny – Altitude Collection – Christmas – 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper – Blizzard & Noteworthy Journaling Cards; Sweet Life Collection – Chipboard Stickers
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Prima – Finnabair: Snowflake Paste; 3D Gloss Gel; Metallique Wax – Old Silver & Brushed Iron, Opal Magic Wax – Royal Robes
- Silhouette Cameo: The font for “weather” is “Cotton Candy” from the Silhouette Store
- Pink Paislee – Merry and Bright Collection – Christmas – Foil Stickers – Word Strips
- We R Memory Keepers – Crop-A-Dile and Case – Pink – Includes Crop-A-Dile, Case and 100 Eyelets
- EK Success – Sticko Alphas Stickers – Foam – Large – White
- The lace under the photo and the ribbon on the key were both part of the “goodies” I received from Donna (bonprof) with my September PocketLetter from her! (Neither of them was originally purple, but with a little help from some Distress Stains, all of us got to turn purple! LOL)
- The snowflake cuts I’ve had for quite a while. They came as a “subscriber bonus” with a Birds of a Feather Kit…and those kits haven’t been released since Feb. 2016!
- The clear gem…teardrop…bling also came from a Birds of a Feather Kit, I think circa Aug. 2014.
- ‘generic’ white acrylic paint
- white gesso