|A close up of the beautiful dragonfly by ReneaBouquets (Link in Product List)
|Ok, the final one!
|The other sides of the purse!
|I also made this wand to go along with the purse using the same paper line and rosette cuts from the Silhouette Store.
Product List Purse:
1″ Art Basics Silicone Brush
- Del Mar (large, light purple rose)
- 3D Gloss Gel
- Metallique Wax
- Word Keys
- Water Pen – Nib
- Mini Blending Tool
- Distress Ink – Squeezed Lemonade
- Mini Snips
Sizzix Big Shot Plus
- Steampunk Art Stamp Set (lightbulb)
- Destination Art Stamp Set (on bottom of purse)
DMC Metallic Embrodiary Floss (E3843)
- Glossy Accents
- Gold Embossing Powder
- Brayer (3.5″)
- Emboss It Pen
- Orange Stamen
- “Mulberry Type” flowers (all of the pink & yellow roses)
- watercolor paper (used to stamp lightbulb on)
- “Stone wall” die
Product List Wand: **all of the cuts for the wand top came from the Silhouette Store**
The Paper Company
- Gold Embossing Powder
- Wendi Vecchi “Fern Green” Embossing Powder
E6000 Spray Adhesive (for the glitter, including on top to [try] and keep it in place!)
- “Bright Lace Ribbon Scrap Pack”
|My first tea cup art, just in time for Christmas!
Handle side, side view! This was a learning experience for me, and I learned that I need more Mod Podge to hold down the pieces against the strain of the Crackle Paint! You can also se some of the beautiful Shard Glitter Glass & Microbeads I added to the spoon!
The other side of the cup. Here I added some of the Microbeads to the pine cone & some Shard Glitter Glass & Microbeads just under the edge of the pine cone. Plus, in the center of the poinsettias are some more Microbeads.
|A closer look at the spoon.
|A closer look at the pine cone!
|One of the poinsettias that has the Microbeads for the center.
|A closer look at the bottom with the second posie I made.
|A view from the top!
*The cut file for the teacup, saucer, and spoon can be found at svgcuts.com*
Hip Kit Club (November 2017 Main Kit)
- Glass Microbeads in Champagne
- Shard Glitter Glass in Silver
- Beautiful Board Beautiful Bits – Star
- Burgundy Roses, Poinsettias, & leaves
- Tis The Season by Kimberly Hutchison
- Baby It’s Cold Outside (cup exterior)
Distress Crackle Paint
Mini Round Blending Tool
- Tea Dye
- Fossilized Amber
- Seedless Preserves
- Rusty Hinge
- Big Shot Plus
- Precision Base Plate
- Tim Holtz
- Small Tattered Florals (the one little rosebud!)
Simon Says Stamp
- Shabby Posies
- Layered Poinsettia
Judi-Kins Diamond Glaze
White Card stock – American Crafts I think
Mulberry Bear 2
- Small Blooming Poinsettia
The Paper Studio
- “Grass Green” Mulberry Paper – Pine Needles
- White “Handmade” Paper (white poinsettias, posies, & rosebud)
99¢ Store finds
- Metallique Wax – Old Silver
- Silicon Brushes – 1″ & 2″
- Pine cones
- Bottle brush tree
- Green bead garland
- Stamen in large white poinsettia & posies
- Holly berries (frosted red & green & red)
|Smile layout, featuring your truly!
Over at scrapbook.com there is the “Round Robin” challenge, which is basically how it sounds. Inspiration is posted, in the case of this month, a lovely autumn themed image with the quote “Even though we can’t have all we want, we ought to be thankful we don’t get what we deserve” on it. So, it inspired me this way: I am 4 1/2 years old in this photo, and obviously upset about SOMETHING which I’m sure at the time was because I didn’t get what I wanted or didn’t get my way, hence why I linked this photo with the quote. And, I also threw in some leaves and I have mostly autumn colors on this layout. So there you have it, my Round Robin layout! Now it’s week two’s turn to be inspired by my layout!
This layout is also going to be entered in the Stuck?! Sketches November 1st sketch challenge, which is to use the following sketch! Instead of three photos, I cut one photo into three pieces! I also flipped the sketch on its head for my layout!
|Stuck?! Sketches Nov. 1, 2017 Sketch
Hip Kit Club
- Vibes: Mango Tango
- Inklingz: Old Yeller
- Creameez: Lapis Dance
- Harvest Dreams: Warm & Fuzzy
- Black Letters & Numbers Sticker Sheet
- 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper – Make a Wish
- Escape the Ordinary Collection
- 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper – Transform
- Chipboard Stickers
- Ephemera Pack with Foil Accents
- Art Basics – Mixed Media Silicone Brush – 2 Inch
Sharpie – Fine Point – Writing Pen
- Water Brush – Detailer Brush Nib
Orange & White Twine … umm, I kinda threw the wrapper in the trash!
White tissue paper
The pink gems I got in a Birds of a Feather Kit back in 2014 … I think
- Cardstock Stickers – Alphabet and Label
During the last weekend of October, the husband and I went to the wedding of two very dear friends (the couple I made this card for), this is a layout I did featuring a photo I took during their first dance as husband and wife.
All of the papers on here I’ve had for at least 18 months. Apparently they were all waiting for this wedding! The lace is some eBay “vintage lace” I bought a few months back, and the flowers have been in hording for a long, long time!
This layout was entered into a couple of Challenges over at scrapbook.com, the October Music Inspiration Challenge (the song picked for me was “A Taste of Honey,” and I used the line “yours was the kiss that awoke my heart” it just seemed rather fitting for the occasion!), the November Die Cutting Machine Challenge, and scrapbook.com’s Handmade for the Holidays.
|I absolutely LOVE the shard glitter glass and glass micro-beads from ReneaBouquets! (Links in Product List)
Not a lot of “special” techniques used here. I tore the papers, layered them with some lace, and then just started arranging flowers! Well, I did “dye” the paper flowers with some Distress Oxides & Shimmerz Paint!
Dear Lizzy Date Stamp
Prima E-Line White Flower Mix
Bazzill “Vanilla” Cardstock (song lyrics are on)
Bella! Something Blue Paperz “Tittle”
Bella Blvd – Ciao Chip – Self Adhesive Chipboard – Words – Today
Chickaniddy Crafts – 365 Collection – 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper – Weekend Wonders
Little Birdie Crafts – Classic Elements Collection – Beaded Fancies – White
McGill Paper Blossoms Collection – Tool Kit
- Butter Cream Paint
- Tuscan Sun Spritz
- Finnabair – Art Basics – 3D Gloss Gel – 8 Ounces
- Paintables – 12 x 12 Paper – Roses
- Archival Ink Pad – Jet Black
- Glossy Accents
Scotch ATG – Adhesive Applicator Gun – Pink – Uses One Fourth Inch Adhesive
- Distress Oxides Ink Pads – Antique Linen
- Distress Oxides Ink Pads – Faded Jeans
- Mini Ink Blending Tool – Round
Sizzix – Big Shot Plus – Starter Kit – White and Gray
Tonic Studios –
- Curio 3T Version – Electronic Cutting System
- Pen Holder
- Tim Holtz – Mini-Snips – 5 Inches
- Tim Holtz – Paper Distress
- 5 petal flower die
- Ivory & Silver Stamen
- Green floral wire
- Vintage lace
- Ivory “pearl” flower centers
- Tan-ish-Gold-ish Beads (on the two fabric flowers)