|Oh what fun you do, Brain Freeze|
This layout encompasses multiple challenges! First, it will be entered into the Stuck?! Sketches July 15, 2017 Challenge! The challenge for the second half of July was to use the following sketch designed by Laura Whitaker. For my layout, I decided to rotate the design counter-clockwise, which I thought worked better for me, especially since I have a longer title. This layout is also going to be entered in the July Sewing Challenge, July 5 Ingredients + Challenge, July Music Inspiration Challenge, July Hoarders Challenge, and the July Foodies Challenge over at scrapbook.com. Whew! That’s a lot of Challenges for one little ol’ layout!
|July 15, 2017, Stuck?! Sketches Challenge Sketch designed by Laura Whitaker.|
Now, to try and explain the challenges over at scrapbook.com! For the Music Inspiration Challenge, I was tasked with finding inspiration for my layout using a song chosen for me. My song was “You Make Me Wanna” by Usher. I’ll tell the truth, I never listened to the song, I read the lyrics over on A to Z Lyrics and I knew I’d never be able to handle actually hearing it! It’s just nowhere near the type of music I listen to! When I first thought up what photo I wanted to use, I was originally going to have my title based off the title of the song, and was going to have it be “You Make Me Wanna Scream,” but there is an Ozzy song (“Let Me Hear You Scream”) that has a very similar line. I just couldn’t connect Ozzy & Usher in my mind!! So then I decided to incorporate “This is what you do,” which is a line found over and over in the song! And I actually had “This is what you do, Brain Freeze” on the layout…but it just didn’t look right! I came across the “Oh What Fun” banner, laid it on the layout, and decided the title was going to be “Oh What Fun You Do, Brain Freeze,” because now it was a sarcastic title, and I speak fluent sarcasm! Whew, all that to use two words from the song!
For the 5 Ingredients+ Challenge, I had to incorporate yellow, button(s), smile, circle(s), and border, which I did. The Sewing Challenge had a twist of using red, white, and/or blue thread, I used blue and white (had to use at least two for the twist). The Foodie Challenge is to do a layout involving food, and the Hoarders Challenge is to use hoarded items on your layout (I believe everything I used is at least a year old)!
The journaling reads:
“We were having root beer floats one evening & I looked over & saw this face! I said it was too bad I didn’t have my camera ready and decided to get prepared in case it happened again! …It did, on the next bite! I asked if you were doing it on purpose so I could get a photo, and you said ‘NO!!'”
|I love layering! The cut file is a free file from Paper Issues called Peek-A-Boo Circles.|
|Yes, adding the “#smile” was more sarcasm (as well as a requirement for the 5 Ingredients+ Challenge)!|
|Like I said, I love layering! And I love layering titles and mixing fonts!|
- The tag under the photo is from Studio Calico
- The papers “filling in” the circle cuts come from:
- Pink Fresh: Felicity line, or
- Pink Paislee : Paige Evans: Paper 06 from the Fancy Free Collection or,
- Elle’s Studio: Little Moments: Details or,
- Hip Kit Club Exclusive: Medowbrook: Notes From Home
- Hip Kit Club Exclusive: Medowbrook: Diamond Shine
- Webster’s Pages: Allison Kreft: Recorded: This & That
- Teresa Collins – Summer Stories Collection – Border Strips with Glitter Accents
- Thickers: Junebug: Charcoal
- Tim Holtz: Big Chat
- Thickers: Junebug: Charcoal
- October Afternoon: Daily Flash: Story Book
- Hip Kit Club Exclusive Alphas
- Hip Kit Club Exclusive Washi Tape
- Hip Kit Club Exclusive Puffy Stickers
- Dear Lizzy Date Stamp
- Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink
- Sharpie Fine Point
- Simple Stories – Sunshine and Happiness Collection – Decorative Brads
- Crate Paper – Gather Collection – Thickers – Chipboard Accents – Blessed
- Silhouette Cameo
- All other products no longer have their packaging.