|Let’s Go On An Adventure Layout!|
My oldest son in 2006, when he was 7 1/2, going exploring in my mom & dad’s backyard with his brother, using the “Explorer Kit” that my youngest had received for his birthday in 2005!
This week’s Monday Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp is “Distress It.” While I may not have a traditional “distressed” look, I did use some wonderful Distress Oxides on here!
Over at scrapbook.com I am hostess to the “Ugly Paper Challenge.” I first did the challenge back in August 2011 with the, I believe, original hostess. Then in 2012 (I think) the second hostess took over, and in March 2015 I took it over! So, as far as I know, I am the third hostess of the challenge. I haven’t done the challenge every month since I first found it (with the previous hostesses), but I have always loved the challenge! In short, two “ugly” papers and one (or more!) “ugly” embellishment(s) are mailed to another player (I give out addresses!) at the beginning of the month, and players have until the end of the month to create their layouts! The papers have to still be recognizable, and the embellishment is optional (it counts as two extra votes at the end of the month!). Now, this isn’t to say any particular papers or embellishments are “ugly,” but the combination given is! Most of the time anyhow! The challenge is receiveing a combination that you may have never even considered putting together on your own, plus you are receiving papers that may not be your “style.” Anyhow, I just wanted to make it be known that “ugly” is a subjective term, and I have received (on more than one occassion) papers that were wonderful, even though the sender didn’t think so!
Now that that’s out of the way, on to the details about the layout!
This is a picture of the papers & embellishments I received for the month of July:
|The papers I received in the “Ugly Paper Challenge” over at scrapbook.com|
Instantly I knew what was going to happen to that green paper! I already had a set of photos in mind I wanted to scrap when these arrived, and it was lucky for me that green paper just screamed “turn me into tropical leaves!”. The floral paper, well that was going to have to be shaped to my will!
|A cut file and some Shimmerz turned my flowers into clouds!|
As you can see, that floral paper became the outlines for the clouds! I used some Shimmerz: AcriTonez: 3 Sheets To The Wind and some Shimmerz: Anchor’s Away! It did a good job of hiding the flowers, which would have just look weird on this layout!
|Some Peeled Paint Distress Oxide helped my green grass paper become tropical leaves!|
With the green grass paper I cut out my leaves and put on a light coat of Peeled Paint Distress Oxide, and spritzed with water to “activate”!
|Close-up of the embellishment cluster at the bottom.|
|Another shot showing more of the top of the photo embellishments!|
|Close-up of the title area! I love how the Distress Oxides came out on “Adventure!”|
Cut Files List:
- The clouds: A June 2017 Hip Kit Club Download by Nicole Nowosad
- Some of the green leaves (they got mixed together) are from a Subscriber April 2017 Hip Kit Club Download by Kim Watson, and some are from a free download on Paper Issues called “Tropical Palms.”
- Shimmerz: AcriTonez: 3 Sheets To The Wind
- Shimmerz: Anchor’s Away
- Silhouette Cameo
- Distress Oxides: Peeled Paint & Faded Jeans
- American Crafts – Starshine Collection- Cardstock Stickers – Accent and Phrase
- Becky Higgins – Project Life – High Five Edition Collection – Chipboard Stickers
- Bella Blvd – Ciao Chip – Self Adhesive Chipboard – Words – Adventure
- Pink Paislee – Fancy Free Collection – 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper – Paper 06
- Hip Kit Club Exclusives:
- Paper: Medowbrook “Touch The Sky” (inside clouds) and “Starlit Sprinkle” (blue/white dot under photo), and The Happy Life “Ombre Sky” (background). All designed by Kim Watson.
- All the puffy stickers
- The teal Alphas
One thought on “Let’s Go On An Adventure”
What a fun layout! I love how you used leaves and plants to fit the adventure theme. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.Cathie ♥