I was inspired by the “Sizzix Christmas In July” Challenge over at scrapbook.com to start some Christmas projects early! There was a lot of fussy cutting involved, but it was worth it in my opinion! Those birds and houses (Crate Paper “Snow and Cocoa” line) are just too darn cute!
I don’t know if I should classify this as a card or as decoration, so I’m going to call it #Card_Deco! It put me in mind of my childhood. My parents had a string that hung across the beam in our living room, and every year they would hang the Christmas cards we received on it. Friends and family became part of our Christmas decor!
|The very front of the card is rather straight forward! The “Wonderland” piece is from Crate Paper, the card stock is American Crafts, everything else are Hip Kit Club Exclusives!|
|Winter Wonderland CarDeco closed and ready for an envelope!|
- The card base/design I created myself in Silhouette Design Studio & used my Cameo to cut the pieces out.
- American Crafts “Lollipop” card stock
- Hip Kit Club Exclusive Papers & Die Cut Pack
- Crate Paper “Snow and Cocoa” Collection (“Wonderland” and all the fussy cutting!)
- Simon Says Stamp “Retro Deer” die for the fawn (I just trimmed off the antlers & added some spots!)
- Tim Holtz Mini Snips, Mini “Woodland” Stencil (Mini Stencil Set #21), Distress Grit Paste, Distress Glitter “Clear Rock Candy,” Distress Marker “Tumbled Glass,” and Distress Oxides “Iced Spruce,” “Worn Lipstick,” “Fossilized Amber,” and “Cracked Pistachio.
- Ranger “Opaque Matte” Texture Paste, Water Pen (Nib), & Blending Tools.