During the last weekend of October, the husband and I went to the wedding of two very dear friends (the couple I made this card for), this is a layout I did featuring a photo I took during their first dance as husband and wife.
All of the papers on here I’ve had for at least 18 months. Apparently they were all waiting for this wedding! The lace is some eBay “vintage lace” I bought a few months back, and the flowers have been in hording for a long, long time!
This layout was entered into a couple of Challenges over at scrapbook.com, the October Music Inspiration Challenge (the song picked for me was “A Taste of Honey,” and I used the line “yours was the kiss that awoke my heart” it just seemed rather fitting for the occasion!), the November Die Cutting Machine Challenge, and scrapbook.com’s Handmade for the Holidays.
|I absolutely LOVE the shard glitter glass and glass micro-beads from ReneaBouquets! (Links in Product List)|
Not a lot of “special” techniques used here. I tore the papers, layered them with some lace, and then just started arranging flowers! Well, I did “dye” the paper flowers with some Distress Oxides & Shimmerz Paint!
- Butter Cream Paint
- Tuscan Sun Spritz
- Finnabair – Art Basics – 3D Gloss Gel – 8 Ounces
- Paintables – 12 x 12 Paper – Roses
- Archival Ink Pad – Jet Black
- Glossy Accents
- Distress Oxides Ink Pads – Antique Linen
- Distress Oxides Ink Pads – Faded Jeans
- Mini Ink Blending Tool – Round
- Curio 3T Version – Electronic Cutting System
- Pen Holder
- Tim Holtz – Mini-Snips – 5 Inches
- Tim Holtz – Paper Distress
- 5 petal flower die
- Ivory & Silver Stamen
- Green floral wire
- Vintage lace
- Ivory “pearl” flower centers
- Tan-ish-Gold-ish Beads (on the two fabric flowers)