Sometimes, just sometimes, I feel the need to do a project that has no real purpose. That’s where art journaling comes in. In this case I wanted to use/remember this quote by Former First Lady Michelle Obama from her book Becoming:
Now I think it’s one of the most useless questions an adult can ask a child—What do you want to be when you grow up? As if growing up is finite. As if at some point you become something and that’s the end.
I think it is probably a good thing art journaling doesn’t have to have a purpose, because this looks nothing like what I was hoping for. But it did let me just experiment, which can be helpful when suffering from a mental road block. Basically, I was going for something shinier and dreamier, but I’m okay with the end result.
My only inspiration, besides the quote, came from this months Creative Embellishments Color Challenge. It helps that my favorite color is blue! I even managed to get the twist in (clouds or waves) when I stenciled on some clouds!
I can’t guarantee a video. I recorded as I went, but my computer was acting up. In the end it actually decided it wanted to restart while in the process of recording. The last step is actually not recorded because it involved texture paste & paint and I couldn’t wait for my computer to stop being temperamental.
I, more or less, know what is recorded, the problem is my computer cooperating during editing.
While I see how the video is willing to come along, here are some photos!
- Silhouette Curio
- Silhouette Design Store
- All three fonts & the flowers are from the Silhouette Store, but I can only say with certainty that one of the fonts is “CG Free Font,” the other two I can’t remember (and I broke them apart for editing, so they are no longer “type” in the file).
- Heart Flourish
- Flourish 24 (Maybe…I didn’t buy it myself, it came in a 3rd party kit so I am not sure. It might have been Curly Flourish. I forgot to compare to the CE website before cutting it apart & gluing it in!)
Hip Kit Club
- Delicate Beauty (The two largest I received in a swap from Jenn D!)
- Star Stencil (Sept. 2017 Kit)
- Cloud Stencil (May 2016 Color Kit)
- Light & Fluffy Modeling Paste
- Rectangle Collage WVBG035
- Large Art Journal
- Scribble Sticks (Set #1)
- Perfect Pearl
- Blue Patina
- Weathered Wood
- Stormy Sky
- White Cardstock
- Watercolor paper